Friday 16 September 2016

An Honourable Mention!

Galaxy Press run an ongoing competition for aspiring science fiction writers, the “Writers of the Future” Contest (there’s a corresponding artists’ contest too). The three top places of each quarter are rejudged for a yearly grand winner and they all go into an anthology for the year. The contest is open to anyone who has not yet been published at full professional rates (at least US 6c/word), and it has been running for many years (the latest anthology I believe is volume 32.).

This message was waiting for me when I checked messages a few minutes ago:

"Dear Entrant,

"Your story has been judged and is a Silver Honorable Mention for the 3rd quarter of the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest..."

Well! How about that! The three top places win cash prizes and publication, but to score silver in the honourable mentions suggests my story placed fifth in the quarter's judging, which may have been hundreds of stories – not a bad achievement! I'll be entering again, for sure! I'll post the certificate when it arrives...


Cheers, Mike   

No comments:

Post a Comment